KTM 790 Adventure R Tubeless Rear Tire Change
Replacing a Motoz Tractionator Desert with a Metzeler Karoo3 on a KTM Adventure 790R: will it work?
Why yes, it will - our Street Bike Tire Changer is designed to make tire changing as easy and effortless as humanly possible. In the video below, our co-founder Tony is replacing a tire on a KTM Adventure 790R, and as you will see, there’s zero sweat, swear words, and busted knuckles involved.
If you’re ready to start changing your own tires like a pro, don’t forget to:
- Clean the rim before changing the tire - if dirt gets underneath the duck head, it can leave scratches
- Check that the wheel supports are placed under the rim
- Be careful that the bead breaker doesn’t touch the rim - you don’t want to scratch it!
- For cast wheels, use the wheel stopper; for spokes, use the strap so you don’t damage the spokes
- Remember, bead grease is your friend when changing tires - it makes the job easier!
- Make sure the rotation direction is correct before putting the tire on
Want to know how to change the front tire on your KTM 790 Adventure R with air tube? Read it here
For more tire-changing tips and tutorials, check out our YouTube channel.